accessibility ACCESSIBILITY

Flea and Tick Control

Flea and Tick Products

 Here are a few tips on battling flea infestations: 

  • Make sure every animal in your home is being treated for fleas.
  • The fleas you see on your pet are only 5% of the total number of fleas in an infestation. That means the other 95% of fleas and flea eggs are in your home. The majority of fleas and their eggs will be found where your pet spends most of its time - on its bedding. Therefore, wash your pet's bedding regularly. This also includes your vehicle, as you may be transferring fleas from your pet to your car.
  • Vacuum regularly. Once you have finished vacuuming, place the vacuum bag outside your home, as the fleas can escape the bag and return to your home.  
  • Most topical flea products need to be used consistently for 3-6 months. The flea products work to break the flea cycle as they will kill the fleas on the animal for a month, but new fleas will hatch from their eggs and travel onto your pets for a blood meal. These new fleas will be killed with the next month's dose of flea product.   
 

 

 

 

Frontline® Plus

We carry and recommend Frontline® Plus to all our patients, whether you are currently battling a flea infestation or simply trying to prevent one.  Frontline® Plus kills adult fleas, eggs, and larvae and works to break the flea cycle. Frontline® Plus also kills ticks that can carry diseases such as Lyme, Ehrlichiosis, and Anaplasmosis. Do not bathe your pet 48 hours before or after application. This product is a topical solution that is used once monthly. 

We are running a year-long special on Frontline® Plus!  Buy 3 doses of Frontline® Plus, get 1 FREE!  Buy 6 doses, get 3 FREE!

 

 

 

 

Activyl® Tick Plus

Activyl® is a fairly new product that effectively kills both fleas and ticks. Because Activyl® is new, fleas and ticks have no immunity against this product. It works within hours to paralyze and kill adult fleas and prevent them from laying more eggs. It also works very well in killing ticks that can infect your pet with various diseases. Do not bathe your pet 48 hours before or after application. This product is a topical solution that is used once monthly for dogs only.

 

 

 

Certifect

Certifect is a product that was recently created by the makers of Frontline Plus. They wanted a product that worked better on killing ticks and that is exactly what Certifect does! If you live in an area where ticks are a major concern, we recommend using Certifect. This product also effectively kills fleas, larvae, and eggs. Do not bathe your pet 48 hours before or after application. Certifect is a topical solution that is used once monthly for dogs only

 

Comfortis

For those of you would prefer not to use a topical solution, we carry Comfortis. This product is for fleas only and works great! It is a chewable tablet that is given once monthly for both cats and dogs and can be used in conjunction with Frontline Plus®. 

 

Scalibor® Collars

Scalibor® Collars provide long-term flea and tick control. They are waterproof, adjustable, and fit all size dogs. Collars should be replaced every 6 months.